What are your recommended housing options?
At Driveline, we prefer to give athletes the freedom and flexibility to choose the housing option that fits their needs best. As a result, Driveline does not explicitly arrange housing for any incoming or prospective athletes. Instead, we provide local recommendations through our preferred housing list that is provided in the space below. Scrolling through the list, you will find a variety of options that fit the needs of both the individual athlete and the entire family. While an athlete is not required to live at one of the offerings below, most incoming athletes do arrange housing through one of the options listed. Let us know if you have any questions!
Best Option for Families / Groups
Option 1) TownePlace Suites by Marriott Seattle Southcenter
This location includes a bed, a pullout couch so you could split it with someone, a kitchenette, full sized refrigerator, and a complimentary hot buffet and continental breakfast every morning. Guests have access to on-site laundry, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. Located just a mile away from Driveline, a complimentary shuttle leaves on top of the hour, every hour.
Contact: Spica Harefa
Option 2) Home2 Suites by Hilton
- Free Internet
- Free Laundry on-site
- Free Breakfast
- Kitchenette and Living Space in-room
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour complimentary fitness center
- Free shuttle service that travels within a three-mile radius including to and from Driveline!
- BBQ area
- Fire Pit
Athlete pricing at the Tukwila Home2 Suites are as follows
King Studio Suite (one king bed, one sofa bed)
- January - May & September - December - $119
- June - August - $149
Double Queen Studio Suite (two queen beds and a sofa pull out)
- January - May & September - December - $149
- June - August - $159
Contact: Taylor Montanye, Director of Sales
The Residence Inn by Marriott SeaTac Airport is lakeside to Angle Lake and only 4 miles from Driveline.
- Spacious King Studio Suite with full size sofa sleeper
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove top, microwave, and coffemaker
- Complimentary in room WiFi
Facilities & Services:
- Free Grocery Shopping Service
- -Complimentary hot breakfast buffet
- Residence Inn Mix Monday-Wednesday
- On-site Laundry Facility
- Large on-site Fitness Center
- Pet Friendly
- Business Center
Contact: Elizabeth Madrigal for athlete specific pricing
Best Options for Individual Athletes
Option 1) Guy & Kal's Rental's
Three bedrooms rent in a family home. About 6 miles away from Driveline. Close to restaurants, shopping and groceries stores. Host live onsite. Sofa bed in living room is also for rent. Rental Cars are available - must be 18+ to quality. Detail descriptions for room and car rental are below.
Contact Thuy-An Nguyen at 206-372-0133 to secure rental
*Room rental includes*
- Private room, a bed, desk & chair, nightstand, closet, blanket and sheets, keypad lock for privacy
- Utilities, Wifi, washer & driver
- Large Smart TV in room
- Amazon Prime Movies
- Small refrigerator in room
- Weekly cleaner cleans common areas
- Clean filtered water machine in the kitchen
- Towel, some household and hygiene items
- Front house street parking
- Shared bathroom, kitchen, living room
- Deck/BBQ grill available for use
- Camera and Security system at home
- Location is best for driver, but there is bus station two blocks away
*Prices: **No hidden fees*
Smaller room $36 per/day
Larger room $39 per/day
Sofa bed in living room $30 per/day, sofa bed has no privacy, great for short-term stay, best for deep sleeper who is organized person and like to go out and about during the day.
Refundable deposit $500
All payments are made at time of reservation booking before move in (payment plan is available)
*Requirement to move in*
- To move in all you need is your clothes
- Smoking of any kind is off property
- No overnight guest
- Clean individual
- Respect house rules
- No wearing shoes inside home
- Kids friendly
- Make payment on time
Travel where and when you want -Save 50% on gas Toyota Prius Hybrid
- $40 p/day
- $500 refundable deposit
- 100 mile per/day
- Maintenance includedInsurance cost is depending on your driving record
*Requirement for car rental:*
- Driving record report
- 18+Valet driver license
- Must be qualified for insurance
Option 2) Rick's Rooms for DriveLine Baseball Players:
23605 156thAve SE, Kent, WA 98042 and 30003 112thAve SE, Auburn, WA 98092
Rick provides quality, reasonably priced private and shared rooms in two local houses for baseball trainees in the DriveLine program. Both houses are furnished and include common areas for gathering and TV watching.
Online info: https://ricksrooms.blogspot.com
Contact Info: Call Kathy at 503-267-6797
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3) Ex-Pro Alex "Flama" Casillas was one of the first players to make the move to train here at Driveline in 2013. In those days it was a struggle finding decent affordable housing. Now retired he has put his focus on helping solve the issues most guys have when making the move.
He has a variety of furnished homes/rooms designed/designated for the traveling ball player. Affordable pricing w/flexible terms, all to accommodate the uncertainty that baseball often brings.
Transportation will also be an added option (for additional cost). The shuttle van will do daily pick up & drop offs to & from the facility, along with trips to the grocery store once a week on the designated off day.
All locations range from 8-20 miles away from the facility. Please call Alex for specific details regarding city info, traffic, and the pro's & con's for each area. He can be reached at 818-966-3592.
What is included?
- Queen & Twin beds
- Shared common areas
- Multiple Fridges
Who are my potential roommates?
- Driveline Trainees
- Driveline employees
- Local Minor League Players
What do I need to bring?
Monthly Summer Pricing (for specific details please call Alex):
Shared Rooms - Shared Bath
- High $32 per night
- Avg $25 per night
- Low $15 per night
Private Rooms - Shared Bath
- High $60 per night
- Avg $40 per night
- Low $28 per night
Private Rooms + Private Bath
- High $67 per night
- Avg $50 per night
- Low $40 per night
- Call for pricing
Final pricing will depend on the duration of stay & also on payment packaging option selected. Please call Alex for specific details.
All payments for housing will go directly through Alex Casillas. There will be no security deposits nor applications required. Basic house rules, and payment agreements will be forwarded once slots are booked directly through Alex Casillas. A government issued ID along w/a credit card will be put on file in case of incidentals. All payments made for housing are final. Non-refundable. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation, a credit for any remaining paid days of your stay will be applicable to a future stay or may be transferred to another player.
Monthly Shuttle Pricing
- High $20 a day
- Avg $10 a day
- Low $7 a day
Pricing dependent on duration of stay.
Shuttle will also be available for players staying at other locations.
- Uber Pool - $1.10 per mile & or $0.20 per min
- Avg round trip price to & from facility $16-20 a day
- Rental Cars
- Must be 22-25yrs of age
- Monthly Cost $600-$1000
- Monthly Gas/Mileage
- Avg 500-1500 miles per month
- Gas $2.79-$3.15 per gal est cost $100-350 per month
- Estimated wear & tear cost for leased cars = $0.15-$0.25 cents per mile
Alex will be hiring shuttle drivers and live in care takers for each property. Call him for details.
- 22+ yrs of age
- clean driving record
- drivers insurance
- 6+ month gap year trainees